Where I do a brain dump of all the little things floating in my head:
- I started the Bridge to 10k program. It’s a 6 week program launching from the endpoint of C25K. I did this with little to no fanfare on my part. Maybe I’m learning a little bit of modesty. Or I’m just too tired from my runs to aw myself. :p
- I made the leap from 3 miles to 4 miles scarily easily.
- Despite the easy transition, runs aren’t getting easier. I’m finding myself running faster to compensate for my body adjusting to the mileage.
- Really early morning runners (I’m leaving my house at 5:20ish) are much (much much) faster than I am. I keep getting passed like I’m standing still.
- I’m regularly dropping things on my runs. Today I had to backtrack in my car on the way to work to find my headband. WTF?
- At the end of my runs I keep circling my block because I’m not calculating how far I’ll actually go on my runs correctly.
- I’m starting to get waves from my early rising neighbors. This is fun. :)
- My plan was to shoot for a half marathon next May. I’m now thinking that I might be able to do one this fall. (Note, I’m not saying I’m going to do one this fall, I’m just *thinking* about it.)
- I keep adding things to my “want” list.
- I’m wearing my old running shoes today to just walk around. I’m so glad I switched out of these.
- Noosa is gross. The consistency is like thickened slime. I gave it two days just to be sure I didn’t like it. I’m put this on my “do not like” list.
- I have a lot of mental lists.
Updated training schedule:
I’ve struggled the last month try to find my groove again. I think I’ve hit it.
Tuesday: Lift class
Sat: Lift class
Sometimes I’ll mix it up and lift on Thu, and take Saturday off.
2 new recipes that are fan-farking-tastic:
Crockpot Cheesesteak Pulled Chicken – So good. My husband was skeptical, but ended up eating 2 sandwiches. We had plenty of leftovers to freeze, which was good since our freezer stash of food was getting bare. (The husband says that it needs spice. It’s a battle in our house with me fighting him that not everything needs to be spicy. I think I won this one, even though he’s threatening to spice it up next time.)
Spring Veggie Quinoa – I don’t have enough adjectives to describe just how heavenly this was. You just have to try it yourself. I did have to sub smoked gouda slices in the recipe because I couldn’t find anything else, but it still turned out divine. The recipe freezes well, but shouldn’t sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days. The tomatoes go wonky.